Google was founded by two Stanford classmates Larry Page and Sergey Brin in 1996 and became the world’s largest search engine in 2000. Google’s monopoly on information is near hegemonic. If you’re concerned about search neutrality, privacy, propaganda and censorship, it may be time to switch out of Google.
What exactly does Google control?
- Blogger.com (by acquisition of its creator Pyra Labs, which in February 2003 brought in 1.1 million registered users)
- Picassa (bought in July 2004)
- Google Maps (released in Feb 2005)
- Android (bought in Aug 2005 for $50 million)
- YouTube.com (bought in Oct 2006 for $1.65 billion)
- FeedBurner (bought in June 2007 for $100 million)
- Google Chrome (Internet browser released in Sep 2008)
- Waze (Israeli mapping service in June 2013)
- Dark Blue Labs, an artificial intelligence company (bought in Oct 2014 for tens of millions of British pound sterling)
- Eyefluence, an eye tracking tech company (bought in Oct 2016).
Never before in the history of the world has one company amassed so much power over information as Google. In past centuries, some dictators tried to control information by burning books, but only the ones they could get their hands on. In the end times, the Bible predicts global deception, mass manipulation of information, and a “strong delusion” on a scale that we have never seen before:
“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 (NKJ).
God predicts that because people in the final generation will no longer love the truth, they will believe in “strong delusions”. One of the characteristics of strong delusions is described by George Orwell’s apocalyptic, dystopian novel “1984,” in which the left-wing, socialist ruling party marketed 3 slogans: “War is peace; freedom is slavery; ignorance is strength.”
Can people really be blinded by such blatant lies? If millions of people will be deceived in the end times, it has to occur through the main gatekeepers of information. Who are the Gatekeepers of what you see and hear?
Alexa.com ranks the following top 5 websites by traffic:
If Google were guardians of true equality, diversity of thoughts and freedom of speech, we might not worry about its growing monopoly on the control of information. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Can we reform Google? Probably not. Can we escape? May be. Google search engine is now so ubiquitous that to say “google” something means “to search it on the internet.” Google has dominated this area since 2000. I have begun to set myself free from total control by Google.
I will recommend alternatives to Google, Facebook, Twitter and other information monopolies in my next blog posts. Subscribe and stay tuned!
PERSONAL MENTORING http://www.Cioccolanti.org